Over the main entrance are two statues: one is of Bigot, the first Norman to hold the Manor of Sandbach and as nephew of William the Conqueror, and the other is of Sir Randolph Crewe who was ancestor of the Right Honourable Hungerford, Lord Crewe, whose coat of arms also appears over the door. There is a ballroom on the upper floor with fine oak beams, and a gallery at one end of the building. The original building costs of this fine hall was £5000 and it was constructed by local builder John Stringer in 1889/90.
The lower floor of the Town Hall is the Market Hall. As far back as 1579, Sandbach was noted for its excellent malt liquor and the quality of its worsted yarns. Sir John Radcliffe of Ordsall in Lancashire thought that Sandbach was an ideal place for a market and, after considerable trouble, he obtained the necessary grant of a Charter from Queen Elizabeth in 1579. The market moved from The Square to The Common in 1879 when the Right Honourable Hungerford, Lord Crewe gave to the town the perpetual rights to all market tolls, together with the site for the new Town Hall.